Once time is wasted, it has been wasted. Therefore one cannot afford to spend time haphazardly.
It is very easy to keep postponing matters or activities to the next day or week or month, yet all we have is today. Whatever you have to do; now is the time to do it.
To utilize your time fruitfully you must:
- Set priorities. What is more important and what is more urgent?
- Avoid a busy (clustered) lifestyle. It is easy to be too busy but have little results. When you find yourself complaining of not having enough time in your day or week, check what you are doing. Is it all worthy of your time? Is it all beneficial to your vision?
- Plan your entertainment or extramural activities. There is a lot of time wasted by just hanging around or sitting on the couch.
- Deal with the habit of procrastination. Set yourself deadlines. Set yourself short-term and long-term goals. Never wait for everything to be conducive or for everything to fall into place before pursuing your goals or vision. The perfect moment is now.
- Start with work and end with play. Rather let play be a form of self-reward after you have successfully completed what you have set yourself to accomplish.
- Get enough rest. It is useless to spend time working while tired and end up with sub-standard results.
- Take responsibility of your actions. Always try to account to yourself or to someone close to you. Train yourself to always look inside you; what is it that you could have done better or you should change in order to be a better steward of your time?
You are responsible for the time allotted to you, for the gifts and talents you have, and the great destiny you have before you. Make wise choices.
More info from the book ‘Rising above limitations’